Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A VERY adventure-filled family home evening



We invited the Schoenwalds (Zach, Anna, & Connor) over for FHE last night. We did our grocery shopping and a few other things, then about 30 minutes before they were supposed to arrive I was trying to get our dinner ready, get Baby's dinner ready, put away the groceries, and tidy up Baby's toys in the living room . . . all at the same time.

Okay. Before I get into the adventure, there is some back story. We got a new oven a couple of months ago when our broke (thank heaven for having nice neighbors like Tad who let me boil Carolyn's bottles over there while I didn't have a stove!) So that was exciting, especially since our landlord Charlie bought it, transported it, and set it up for us :).


There is only one problem with it: the knobs are opposite where they were on the old stove, so Craig and I have both turned on the wrong burner before. Well, last night in my attempts to multi-task, I turned on the wrong burner, which happened to have a kitchen towel on it. Yeah I know it's stupid to leave flammable objects on the stove. Won't happen again! Anyway, here's the aftermath.













5 comments:

Gorge Us Family said...

Oh no! I'm glad you guys are alright. Good reminder for all of us.

La belle mère said...

Well, it's like you said ... that's why you have renter's insurance :-)

♥The Balzens♥ said...

me personally, it's usually the plastic containors or cup that I leave to close to the burner, the occaisonal leftover box...hehe..it makes life a heck of lot more interesting, don't you think?

Holwege Family said...

Glad everyone is alright, scary though.

Kim said...

Yikes! I am so glad it just burnt that little strip in the picture. It could have been worse.