Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Day Off




Delayna and Matt are making preparations to move back to the West side next month, and because of lease issues started paying on their new place tis month. She decided last night to take a load over there and miss classes today, so I got a bonus day! It was really nice partially because I had a TON of stuff to do at home that has been neglected from me working and/or I've been sick all week. Watching Eva is a really great job. She's a very sweet girl - still has her moments as any 2-yr-old does, but Delayna is both a very loving and patient mother AND a consistent disciplinarian, so Eva knows all about time out and it is really effective with her. So it's not that my job is difficult, it's just that 4 hours lapse between when I leave home and when I get back, and that makes it really quite challenging to get done all that I need to get done. That said, Craig's schedule is also really intense at the moment with summer school and work, so when all is said and done, we will both have worked our fannies off during summer school and both deserve a nice break.

My morning project was to tackle Carolyn's room. Basically I reorganized everything and put up blockades of heavy boxes to keep her from getting to the extension cords, etc. I also moved a lot of her toys that were in the living room into her room, then put up a gate. So now she can play by herself in her room, keeping her out of danger and not underfoot while I am say, trying to clean up the living room (which is really hard to do if there in anyone in there because it is so tiny).

1 comment: