I am busily preparing to record with Caz on Saturday, and I'm very excited! As many of you remember, I attempted to sing in portuguese on my first solo c.d. - years before I knew Craig. Antonio Carlos Jobim is one of my very favorite composers, and I have always wanted to sing his music authentically. One more reason why Craig is perfect for me! So for this c.d. I am doing two more of his tunes - possibly three, but we'll see. His most well-known song is "Girl from Ipanema". I will be doing "Samba De Uma Nota So" (One Note Samba), and "Aguas De Marco" (Waters of March). It is a really hard song because there are like 5 words that repeat throughtout the whole tune, so it's challenging not to trip over the lyrics in English, let alone portuguese! It's pretty much beating me up right now. But I'll keep working at it and be good and ready come Saturday.
1 comment:
That's right, I forgot that was coming right up! Good thing you've got a live-in tutor. :-D
Post a Comment