Thursday, June 5, 2008

The last thing I needed . . .

The missionaries just left from having dinner with us, and Mom and Lisa will be arriving in about 2 hours. So with that in mind, I've had a pretty busy day - not to mention that Baby and I had an appointment at WIC this morning. After that appointment, I came home and got Carolyn down for her morning nap and dashed off to the laundromat before Craig had to be at work. Well, when I got there, I found two empty dryers, and empty dryers surrounding the ones that had our clothes, and empty dryers in the entire general vicinity. A woman there said that earlier she had seen an old man folding up a bunch of towels from those dryers but that he had gone. PANIC. Most of my garments, a few shirts, my favorite jeans, over half of Baby's clothes including ALL of her pajamas, of course some of Craig's clothes and garments . . . so I burst into tears and called Craig, then called Mom & Leese hoping they could pick up some G's for me if they hadn't yet left town. I caught them just as they were getting ready to leave, so they took some notes and headed over to Beehive. When I first left the laundromat, I called Tad to see if he had by any chance picked up our clothes when he closed it up last night. He was in a meeting, so I left a message. After Mom & Leese had taken down our sizes and left, He called to say that he didn't get our clothes last night, but that he would call his boss and see what he could find out. Turns out that his boss had emptied every dryer that had stuff in it earlier this morning because someone had left their stuff there for a few days, making several of the dryers unavailable for other customers. He had stashed all of it their back room, which was locked. So I ran to campus to get Craig's keys (in all of my freaking out I had locked mine in the car), then went to the laundromat where Tad met me and held Baby while I looked through the masses of laudry and sure enough, found or stuff. WHEW!!!!!! I can't remember the last time I felt so relieved.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Hey Megan - I happened across your blog and thought I'd just pop in to say hello! You look great - I love the wedding pics. I'm not sure if you remember me or not but I was Jaimee Dayton in high school...played for choir. Anyways, you look like you're having a great time with your little curie!