| Carolyn LOVES to be out in the community. She gets cranky if she doesn't get to go somewhere pretty much every day, so we try to go for walks on the days when we don't have to take the car to get groceries or do banking at Fred Meyer. We have a lovely Farmers' Market in town, which I haven't been to in years because . . . well . . . it's always held on Saturday mornings. And I was reluctant to give up my one day to sleep in and get there in time. Well, my car has been in Yakima getting fixed (New A/C - covered under warranty thank heaven!) since Wednesday night, so I planned ahead and Baby and I headed out after breakfast. I have to say I will really miss our location when we move. Right now, we live a stone's throw from the Historic Downtown Area, which is way fun. I live on 7th, the Dollar Tree and on of our theatres are on 5th, the post office is on 3rd. It's really nice to live so close that walking rather than driving doesn't take way more time than its worth. Baby and I had already chosen Fathers' Day gifts for Craig, but I told her that she could buy something for Daddy at the farmers' market if we found something fun. Of course over 20 people stopped to talk to her and comment on what a happy baby she was and how cute her cheeks are :). I bought the fresh local spinach and tomato that I had gone there for, then we browsed around, bought a cookie from the nice German baptist ladies, were very tempted by a lot of crafts, and sampled some AMAZING local homemade salsa and even homemade tortilla chips. A little pricier than what you find at the grocery store, but well worth it. So we kicked off the festivities a little early. Craig has been sick for several days now, but his taste buds are at least working well enough to appreciate his treat :). I appreciated it too! |
Sheet Pan Fajitas
6 years ago
1 comment:
I love farmer's markets, and was tempted when we drove by yours last weekend on our way to the graduation.
Post a Comment