Saturday, June 14, 2008

Apparently we are ready for finger foods . . . . .

A local restaurant sends out free birthday/anniversary meals. So we used my birthday meal yesteraday and shared a burger at the Palace. Baby ate some fries and thought that was great fun. She also gummed some lemon slices. Apparently she is her mother's daughter!

I came home from finishing up Fathers' Day errands to find her eating a Triscuit. I had left the box in the living room last night, and she somehow opened it and helped herself. Pediatricians nowadays are advising that ALL babies avoid wheat in the first year, and even then we might hold off because it is likely that she will have inherited my wheat sensitivity. So anyway, I took the box away, closed it, moved it, and went to do the dishes. A few minutes later, I came back to find the last 3 triscuits in crumbs on the floor. Nice ;). So I think tomorrow we'll try rice chex again and hope she does okay with the wheat!

1 comment:

La belle mère said...

Good grief, Miss One!!

Well, I guess we can check off manual dexterity on the developmental guidelines. ;-)