| Last night our ward had a social. I had already planned on making chili for a family in our ward that just had a baby last weekend, then I found out that the Elders' Quorum social was going to be a chili feed. Convenient for me! So I made a vat of it, and we dropped some off at the Walkers, then headed to the church. We were a little late, and they were very glad to see us because it was a pretty small group. What I also didn't realize was that it was a cook-off with judging. Everyone was invited to cast a ballot (I abstained since I cooked), and there were 4 categories: best looking, best tasting beans, hottest, and best overall. To my surprise, I tied for hottest; and to my utter delight, I won best overall by a landslide! Granted there were only 4 entries, but it still made me really happy. I never thought back in the days when I was winning local, regional, and national awards both as an ensemble singer and soloist that I could get such gratification from something so small. I suppose recognition for whatever one is currently involved in is nice in any capacity, and my domestic efforts are at the moment taking center stage, as they should be :). Carolyn also expressed a new interest at the socail: fashion design. She decided that my outfit was entirely too drab and would look much better if she dumped a bowl of chili on it. |
Sheet Pan Fajitas
6 years ago
2 comments:
Nice job!
You go, girl!! :)
Post a Comment