Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We miss our B :(

The original plan was to leave yesterday, but that didn't work out because of the weather and waiting for some correspondence from my Dr. in Yakima. We didn't leave today because of the weather; when I checked this morning, the road conditions said "severe weather hazard" the whole way. Then just a few minutes ago I ran into our old branch president at Fred Meyer and he said that they actually closed the Freeway from Pendleton to La Grande because there were so many accidents on Cabbage Hill. So we are hoping we can leave tomorrow, but it looks pretty iffy.

The good news is that B is having a marvelous time with Mom. They went to the mall yesterday and ate at the food court which she thought was great fun, and of course just looking at all of the beautiful decorations they put up at Christmas gave her plenty to do. Mom also said that they got stopped by dozens of people who commented on how cute and friendly she was. So in addition to just having a good time, Mom felt really good because just by being there and seeing B, they made hundreds of people happy.

She has been playing with a Santa doll and kissing it over and over again, so when they saw that Santa was there, they got in line and when it was B's turn, Mom told Santa that if he held out his arms B would probably run right to him. Sure enough, she did! How cute. Mom got some pictures too, and I am excited to see them.

I have 4 gallon-sized bags filled to the brim with cookies to take home, so today I think I will keep myself busy with pumpkin bars and scrapbooking, which I am dreadfully behind in. So it will be a productive day. I still would rather see my B though.

1 comment:

Delayna said...

:( I'm sorry the weather is really sucky for you guys too! Matt is out of work for the week because they decided to close his job site due to the extreme temps. Anyway, I'll pray for a safe trip home, and give that beautiful B a kiss on the cheek for me!