After naps, we went trick-or-treating downtown. It has become a huge community event that everyone gets really excited about. All the shops and restaurants in the historic downtown area hand out candy, and many of the workers dress up and decorate their various establishments. It is also done in daylight hours, which is very nice for wee ones.
At 6:30 we went over to Wilsons for a Halloween party. We lit our jack-o-lantern before we left and handed out some candy.
It is so nice to live so close to ward members! Carolyn and Luke Wilson play so well together, and there were tons of other kiddos there as well so she had a ball. With the kids entertaining themselves, that gave the adults the opportunity to visit and enjoy some pretty amazing eats. Bekah made caramel sauce from scratch for apples - by far the best I have ever had! She also made "witches' brew" (hot caramel apple cider), and caramel corn. We stayed til about 8 and it was a lot of fun. It was a very exciting day, and by the end of it B was pretty wiped out. So she was in bed by 9. All in all a fun day!
2 comments:
Meg! Love the pictures! Makes me miss Ellensburg... Sometimes I think about it and about the good times I had there. I miss you guys! :) Anyways, I heard good things about those Skechers shoes, but I read a ton of reviews online and the Reebok seems to be REALLY REALLY good. Plus, it's 10 bucks cheaper :) hehehe, anyways. Apparently I've had some free time at work, so that's what I do: Look for stuff online and read reviews :)
You have a beautiful little Bee there! And kudos to the talented pumpkin carving! I can't do anything creative like that, I carve something and then claim that one of my kids did it! :)
Post a Comment