Sunday, November 15, 2009

Finger Painting

Okay so a lot of the time I post Carolyn's latest shenannigans on Face Book, but this one is a little long and just wouldn't be the same if I shortened it.

This evening I was reading and Craig was watching tv in the living room, and B went into the kitchen. She stayed in there and was being quiet and happy, so Craig was suspicious and asked her what she was doing. She said, "ABC's". Innocent enough, so we said ok. A few minutes passed and I was wondering what was going on so I called to her and asked her if she was being a good girl. "Yeah" was her reply. A few more minutes passed, she was still quiet and happy, and Craig decided he just didn't buy it and went in there to see what if anything was going on. She had grabbed all but 1 tbsp of a cube of room temperature butter and used it to finger paint the floor in addition to one cupboard and drawer. Butter is really, REALLY hard to clean off of hard surfaces. I wiped it up AND mopped it, and still 2 hours later she came running through the kitchen and slipped on the floor. Sigh.

I love my precocious 2-yr-old!

2 comments:

Just Only Me said...

Ohhhhh no! I HATE cleaning up butter too! But that's pretty creative that your daughter is working with new mediums in her artwork! She sounds like a doll.

The Moving Girl said...

I love destruction stories! Butter is a good one! My sisters once had a honey fight on my mom's couch when they were little. My mom had just bought a big tub of it from costco. It was too good for them to just ignore it.