Saturday, May 31, 2008

Royal Heritage


Last Saturday, we all went to Seattle for Eva's second birthday party. I can't even believe that she's that old already! The party was princess themed, with all of the little girls wearing tutus and tiaras. It was ridiculously cute. Carolyn didn't have a tutu, so she borrowed a leotard with tutu from Eva. She got dressed after breakfast (it wasn't quite warm enough to wear it alone), then she passed out in her Boppy while I was in the bath.


















Carolyn had the best time! She absolutely LOVES watching other kids. She smiles and watches them intently, then turns around and looks at me as if to say "do you see all of the other little people like me Mama?". It is so sweet. The girls ranged from age 1 month to almost 3 years. They all looked so sweet, and it touched me on a deeper level to see all of these tiny princesses. It is true that Carolyn is literally of royal heritage, but even more than that, she is a Princess - a beloved daughter of God. They all are. And they have a lot of scary things that they will have to face much sooner than any of their parents are ready for. But I guess as a parent you are never really ready for the spirital onslaught that will inevitably come. I am so humbled whenever I think of the task that is before me of raising a righteous young woman, and I think about it often. These girls are such precious, choice spirits, and they are equal to the task of rising above the temptations they will encounter. I know they are, and I know they can. With mothers who recognize their sacred responsibilities and try every day to be the woman God wants them to be, I believe they will.

2 comments:

Gorge Us Family said...

Very sweet.

Delayna said...

I love that boppy picture... too stinkin' cute!