Oh my gosh! I am so excited! I've been itching for some jazziness in my life. It's been way too long since I've really had a good project to sink my teeth into. I mean, I did a few tunes at the end of my senior recital, but it really was more of an after-thought because I just didn't have much time to think about it while preparing the graded portion, and I had to scramble at the last minute to find a replacement accompanist. Being a Mom is the best job ever. I am so thankful for it, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But since it was such a huge part of my life until I got married, I miss performing, and I find that I miss jazz most of all. Probably because jazz isn't so much about technique and showing off your instrument as it is about authentic personal expression. I don't mean to imply that a singer can't express herself through classical music - it's just that the goal of classical singing is to reflect as closely as you possibly can the intent of the composer, and in jazz, if you are singing something the same way as someone else (including the composer), that makes you a square and no one wants to hear it. So the other night a tune list came to me, and I e-mailed Caz to see if he could help me out. CBC has invested in some really nice equipment that allows FreeForm to record right at the school rather than going to Seattle or Portland like when I was in the group. So I am going to CBC to record, and Caz is going to play for me which is was fun. He was the piano player on the first half of my first album, and he's really good and way fun to jam with. YAY!!!!!!!!!! |
Sheet Pan Fajitas
6 years ago
2 comments:
That is so exciting. Congrats!
Good for you, that will be awesome!
Post a Comment