Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Best Valentine's Present Ever

Okay, it's a tie. Last year Mom came up for Valentine's Day which was also really awesome. This year, Matt, Delayna, and Eva came! It was SO GOOD to see them, because we haven't seen them in 6 months and we miss them SO MUCH!!! I can't even express how much we love them and miss them. Delayna is 36 weeks pregnant and cute as a button. Their new little bundle (Zachary Matthew Schneider) is due on St. Patrick's Day, but we're hoping he'll grace us with his presence a little sooner :). I had a little chat with him and informed him of our plan; I think he'll follow through :).

They arrived Saturday afternoon, and we all hung out and chatted and it was so wonderful. We all decided to save money by eating in. I made dinner, and they provided dessert. It was really fun because each person had their own little treat, including the girls. Carolyn had a chocolate-dipped strawberry, which was so cute. Our girls had a great time. It was a short visit - just over 24 hours, but I won't despair too much because she has requested that I coach her through her delivery again. I am so excited to meet Zac. Witnessing a brand new little life come forth is such a miracle, and I feel so blessed and honored that she chooses to let me share in that (and of course she returns the favor, which is equally appreciated).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are doing well and had a great Valentines Day. I'm hoping we can catch up soon - I'll actually be in EBurg in March. (I really want to meet Carolyn!)

ang :o) said...

Good friendships should definitely be treasured! I have never seen a love birth and think it would just be amazing. Lucky you! Very special.

Gorge Us Family said...

Glad you got to visit!

Delayna said...

I can't tell you how much we miss you guys too! It was so nice to just be with you and talk to you... I dont think anyone "gets me" quite like you do, and there really are no words for that. Thanks so much for letting us come- I can't believe I get to see you again so soon!! Much Love!!