Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Party

Well, I didn't word it that way - Amy did actually. Carolyn got a hold of my phone on Friday while I was bathing and called Amy. When I got out, I heard the phone ringing (Amy calling back) but couldn't find the phone right away because it was with Carolyn under the end table in the living room. By the time I found them, it had stopped ringing. A few seconds later, it rang again, and it was Amy, an through our mutual confusion we pieced together that Carolyn had called her to begin with. Funny girl. Anyway, Amy and I chatted for a bit and I told her that we were preparing to go to Dan & Jessica's for conference, and she said she was jealous about our conference party. :) Conference makes me happy :) :) :). A few new temples were announced yesterday, one of which will be built in Rome, Italy. ROME! Can you believe it? What a testament to the power and progress of the work. :) :) :).

Carolyn has been having a blast with Auntie Jessica and Uncle Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan (as she likes to say), and of course wreaking havoc and tormenting the boys. They love it though. Ha! Yesterday they made Zuppa Toscana based on an Olive Garden recipe they found online. SO GOOOOOOOOD.

Dan has a cold and is feeling kind of shmucky, but we are all having fun anyway. Yesterday I didn't change out of my pajamas other than briefly while I took a bath. It was great.

There have been some wonderful talks this conference. I have felt comforted, inspired, assured, challenged, and edified. Can't ask for more!

2 comments:

Holwege Family said...

My husband is deploying to South Korea for a year in Mrch, we get to move to Mtn. Home AFB, ID in Feb. He'll get to come home half way through for a month though. I'm okay with it, he voluntered for it to get us out of North Dakota. I need to get your email.

Delayna said...

I'm so glad you are getting to spend some quality time with Dan and Jessica! :) I love that Carolyn is getting more interactive- how precious is she?! But she's getting too big- again, I say- make me a new one. (No pressure though- ;) )