Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The mysteries continue

First of all, Carolyn and Craig are fine. Yay for that!

My fever continues, but still isn't usually bothersome. My blood work is back and shows iron-defieiency anemia, so that explains the fatigue. "Something" apparently showed up on my chest x-ray, so I am being treated for pneumonia. I really don't think I have pneumonia, though. I've had it twice before, and I felt like crap and obviously had a terrible cough and rattling lungs. I don't have any of that now, and my blood work doesn't indicate any kind of infection - my white blood cell count is actually a little below normal. But my doctor still wants be to proceed with my antibiotics and do another x-ray in three weeks. In the meantime I will be going in on Friday to deal with the anemia, and I will ask about the rest of the results of my labs. I have to admit that I feel a little uncomfortable with the antibiotics since overuse has led to more resistant bacteria, but I am trusting my doctor that this is the right course of action. So now I am taking azythromyscn (commonly called the z-pack) and doxycycline. Hopefully we'll see some results soon!

2 comments:

La belle mère said...

Hmmm ... interesting. I'm with you, I can't imagine having pneumonia and not KNOWING it. At any rate, glad to hear that Craig and B are doing better and we'll keep you in our prayers!

Delayna said...

I'll be calling you tomorrow-- sorry for the abrupt end to our convo today. I'm sorry you are sick with unexplained symptoms, it kinda freaks me out. Keep me updated, love.