Monday, September 22, 2008

Loving our new place

We love it here. We finished up today at the old apartment (throwing stuff away we decided wasn't worth the effort of packing), and we are down to only one box that isn't completely unpacked. Not bad considering we only started the whole process 20 days ago! It feels great to have down-sized and sent a lot of stuff off to LeAnne's that she has been gracious enough to store for us for a couple of months - then we'll probably rent a unit somewhere. I finally have a dishwasher, which has already made a huge difference for me.

Carolyn also likes it here. At the old place she we had part of the living room partitioned off where she could play, but it was very small - maybe 12 square feet. Here she is free to run (and I do mean run) everywhere except the kitchen and the bedroom. She sleeps in the walk-in closet, and is doing really well with that too.

She had a blast at mom's, and mom was just totally in Grandma heaven. It's so great that mom is retired so when we get to visit, Carolyn really is the center of attention. Mom played with her, read to her, sang songs with her, and took her out to do fun things all day every day for just short of a week. She got her pictures taken and created quite the sensation at the mall, and went out to lunch with mom & two of her girlfriends. I'm so glad that she got to go and be totally spoiled rather than being a bit neglected and frustrated here.

We like out new ward a lot, although she is such a wild girl that church is kind of an exercise in endurance right now. We don't get to both sit in a meeting . . . um . . . ever. I can't wait til she's old enough to go to nursery so we can go to class again in peace! Only 5 and a half more months :).

We are unpacked but still have a bit of organizing to do. When I get everything finished I'll post pics later this week. Craig starts school on Wednesday, so we are really glad to be al settled in.

3 comments:

Delayna said...

Yay for the new place!! :-) (And for a dishwasher- halleluia)
I'm so glad you love it, and that Miss Carolyn loved being with Grandma :)

Gorge Us Family said...

Sounds like a great upgrade! I'm sure Grandma was in heaven and loving showing off her namesake.

Kim said...

Hooray for your new place. Don't worry, these last few months before nursery are a test to see if you will keep going to church...they really are the hardest. Even though you may not be getting anything out of it, I once heard a quote summed up to say, "the little kids can feel the spirit and that's why we are supposed to keep going." Just keep counting down to the day