Monday, September 8, 2008

BIG NEWS!!!

We are moving! Not away from Ellensburg yet - just a couple of miles away into government subsidized housing. It's pretty sudden, but we are ready. Emotionally, that is. Of course the packing thing takes a while. The biggest reason for the move is financial. Gotta pay back those student loans somehow, and the reduction in rent will help a lot! Also, our current place is at the top of a long flight of very hard stairs. Mom has been freaking out about it since Carolyn was born (actually before that because she was always terrified that I would fall and hurt her when I was pregnant). Even our landlord has expressed concern, so it really is time. The new apartment complex has lots of wide open spaces for her to play, and a couple of playgrounds for when she gets older.

P.S Carolyn is walking almost exclusively now. I know I've been really bad about posting recently - I was only home a few days from vacation when we started filling out paperwork and found out today that we will be able to start moving by the end of the week.

3 comments:

Kami said...

Congratulations! Subsidized housing is nice! I am glad you won't have the stairs..I remember being pregnant with Joey and living on the 3rd floor! Not fun especially when you go grocery shopping! Good luck on the move! :)

Gorge Us Family said...

Congratulations! I know you have been waiting awhile for this to happen.

Delayna said...

OMG! That's so awesome!! Yay, we'll definitely have to come check out the new digs :) Carolyn can't possibly be that big... it seriously makes me sad! Give those cheeks some kisses for me!