Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finally a new post!

It has been 4 months since my last post. Eeeeeks!

Craig's law school applications are mostly turned in, and now we just get to wait! He is very excited about graduating in June and moving on.

Carolyn is, as ever, such a sweet big sister. She is finally potty trained, which was undoubtedly one of the most challenging things I have ever done. I just keep reminding myself that while potty training is always hard, it isn't likely that it will ever be THAT hard again. She loves playing with Clarissa, and is absolutely in LOVE with Sunbeams. I have started doing a few minutes of pre-school activity with her almost every day, which she is having lots of fun with and doing very well with. Every day we do a new letter. She practices writing it and rehearsing the sound it makes. Last week we quizzed on A-F (with just a picture of each letter on a page), and she had to find the correct page and then make the sound. She is very much looking forward to warmer weather and riding her new bike that she got from Auntie Leta for Christmas.

Clarissa is such a big girl - 10 months this week. She started crawling at 7.5 months (Carolyn was 9), and is very very close to walking. What is funny and very endearing is that Carolyn gave up the swaddle a little after 9 months, but Clarissa has just barely transitioned to one arm out. So maybe she won't be taking it to Kindergarten with her like I was thinking she would for a while there, but it will probably be a month or two before she gives it up completely. She is at such a fun stage right now. She loves to do "Boogie boogie", wave hi and bye, and say "Hi". It starts pretty high pitched and then ends about an octave and a half lower. She just ADORES Carolyn. It is so fun to watch them play now that she is older and more interactive. This morning they were playing dress-up. B was Snow White, Clarissa was Cinderella (Carolyn was quite adamant that Cinderella had to wear her glass slippers too), and I was appointed Fairy Godmother. I didn't have a dress, but she referred to me as Fairy Godmother and insisted that I refer to them as the Princesses they were dressed as. It's such a joy to watch their development and milestones - like imaginative role-playing. Clarissa is getting to be a Daddy's girl more and more, which Craig and I are both enjoying. It used to be that she would get really upset if I even left to go to the store, but now she quite enjoys her Daddy time.

I am trying to be patient while we wait to hear back from law schools. The wait is the worst. I know my life is going to change a lot and I will be moving 4 or 5 months from now but I have no idea where! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I have also been working a lot on emergency preparedness. Food storage . . . lots of food storage, as well as building a stock of basics that we use regularly - both for emergencies and because we don't know what kind of jobs Craig may be able to find in the interim between graduation and starting law school. I have also been doing a lot of reading on Essential Oils. AMAZING amazing stuff. It goes along with emergency preparedness. The Lord made an amazing earth and I have very much felt His guidance in my studies. Well, it's late so I am going to end here but I will post some pics tomorrow, and on Facebook as well. I'm so behind!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I was wondering where you went. :) We've been working on emergency prep. stuff too for a while now. I love it! Something about being prepared and organized for the unknown is very satisfying. And your girls are adorable!