Thursday, December 10, 2009

You okay?

B started asking if I was okay frequently when I had morning sickness. She never actually saw me puke, but she is a very observant and intuitive little girl. Now she asks if I am okay, and Daddy, and even Gama while we were at Amy's for Thanksgiving. Every night as she was going to bed she would say, "Gama, you okay?". Such a tender little heart.

Today was a very busy day with normal goings on, plus we had two visits: the first from Craig's sister Heather with her husband Klaus and baby daughter Eva. They live on the West side of the state, so we see them very rarely and it was a lot of fun to have them over and watch B play with a 1-yr-old :). After they left, I finished up cleaning the floors and then we got a call from LeAnne (Craig's stepmom) asking if she and Jayme could come by for a bit (they had an hour to kill before Jayme's choir rehearsal). So they came over and we had a nice visit. B LOVES playing with Aunt Jayme, who is 9.

So it was a very fun afternoon, but by the end of it my back was killing me, my ankles were starting to feel a little bit of pressure, and I was just plain pooped! So I got myself set up in the recliner with a pillow behind my back and a warm blanket, and put my feet up. B toddled in and immediately asked if I was okay. I told her yes I was okay, I was just resting for a minute. She checked on me every 5 minutes or so and at one point she said, "you tired Mommy?" and brought her soft and Madeleine in to cuddle with me. Eventually I dozed off and woke up to her puting the thermometer in my ear! Such a sweetheart :).

4 comments:

ang :o) said...

that made me smile. she is so sweet. :)

The Moving Girl said...

I love how sweet she is so cute!

Just Only Me said...

Ahhhhhhh, it's those moments that I cling to when we're in the middle of Walmart and the screams of the fit-thrower is rising above all the bustle of shoppers! (mine, not yours) :)
What a darling. ARE you feeling better these days?
P.S. My kids have an Aunt Jayme too (spelled same way and everything!) and she rocks. I think it's the name.

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

I am feeling much better, thanks! Morning sickness done, and starting to get some energy back. Oh, and if you haven't heard on FaceBook, it's a girl!