Today Craig took the LSAT! He says it was really hard and he has no idea how he did, but we will find out within a month.
I woke up this morning feeling comparatively really good. Nausea was mild, and I was just feeling really good and peaceful. So I took advantage and got the house all titied up, B bathed and dressed, and myself bathed and dressed. By then the nausea was picking up a bit, so B and I watched "Hidalgo" together. She loved seeing all of the horses, and just doesn't understand any of the violent stuff yet, so we both really enjoyed it.
A little before 1 pm, we headed out to the Kimballs' - our old branch president and his wife from when we were in the branch. They moved here from Pendleton several years ago and he worked here at CWU, but his job responsibilities started getting assigned to other people so he realized he better look elsewhere before he got phased out entirely. So they are moving to Bend, OR next week and he will be working at a community college there. They have a granddaughter who is just 3 months older than Carolyn, and she was visiting her grandparents this weekend for kind of a final hurrah in E-burg. So they invited us, the Schoenwalds, and a few other families from the ward who have small children over to pick pumpkins from their pumpkin patch, play, and have snacks. We weren't able to stay for a really long time because B was WAY overdue for her nap, but it was a lot of fun and she really enjoyed herself. She just loves anything where Connor is involved. She talked about him all the way home! Sooooooo cute :). Craig got home a few minutes before we did, so we talked to him for a few minutes and B gave him lots of hugs, then we all 3 had a nap. I had intended to go to the Relief Society general broadcast (our ward does a little luncheon at 4, then the broadcast starts at 5), but I slept til 4:45! So that didn't end up working out. Then I had some pretty intense anxiety hit me - my hormones are peaking this week so it's not unexpected, but still not fun. I am feeling better now though after taking a pill (an anti-anxiety prescription that I have), and eating my first real meal in 2 days. Eating is just hard right now.
I am kind of reminded of a point in very early pregnancy with B. We had 8:30 church at the time, and I was 5-6 weeks along. I got up and got ready, and then Craig got in the shower by the time he got out I was sitting there sobbing. He was obviously very concerned about the baby and asked me what was wrong. I said something along the lines of: "I'm sick (had a cold), and I have a UTI, and I'm growing a brain . . . it's just too much!" I cried for 2-3 hours. Yes indeed pregnancy hormones do crazy things. I like to call it "progesterone poisoning". Haha. In the moment I knew that it was the hormones getting to me, and now I look back on it and crack up.
Overall my symptoms have been much milder this time around. At this time with B my face was so broken out I looked worse than I ever did as a kid/teen, my morning sickness was worse, my breast tenderness was unbelievable. It seems like my body totally froke out the first time because it was all so new, but this time it remembers to a degree and doesn't have to freak out as badly. A lot of my friends have it WAY worse than I do, so I really can't complain. I will be excited for the hormonal rollercoaster to be on the downward slope though!
Sheet Pan Fajitas
6 years ago
2 comments:
I am sorry to hear that you are having some anxiety. I sooooooo know how you feel. Although I never had morning sickness, I have pretty much had anxiety the whole pregnancy. For the 1st 4 months, I was in a constant state of worry over our baby. It's amazing the emotions that we go through. But as you know, it's all worth it in the end. Hang in there honey!
Progesterone poisoning ... tee hee! Remember Amy's classic tale of pregnancy craziness? Like you said, it's funny once it's over, but not fun to go through I'm sure. Sometimes ya just gotta hang on tight and ride it out. :)
Post a Comment