Long story short - after detailing all of my history and my experience with dietary supplements NOT working for me, the Dr. said "Well, let's try a dietary supplement and re-test in a few weeks and see if that boosts your iron level. If not, we might try an IV". Right. Apparently I was the only one present in that conversation. So I asked if there was any way we could just skip move right to the IV because I didn't want to waste my time. He said sure and I had my first transfusion on Tuesday, and am scheduled for 3 more treatments with labs done before the last one. There can be complications and pain, but mine went just fine. I did have some side-effects yesterday (Thursday), but with some heat wraps and tylenol I was fine after a few hours. All in all, not bad in the least! I am excited to feel better and have more energy. I know my husband and daughter are too!
3 comments:
Woohoo! We'll be praying for you as you continue with your treatments. I hope you feel relief soon :)
Megan, I'd love to get together with you. I'll be in Boise for most of December! Give me a call!
Hope you are starting to perk up a bit.
Post a Comment