Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teething and random medleys

So Clarissa has been teething the past few weeks. She is a total drool monster, and it's so weird because it's her bottom canines that are pushing for some strange reason. A couple of weeks ago she was so funny and miserable that I was worried there was something else going on and took her to get checked out for an ear infection. Turns out it really was just the teeth, and we found out while we were there that she is up to 13 1/2 pounds! Big girl. She recently found her voice and talks non-stop. She is quite the chatterbox, and it is pretty darn cute.

Carolyn is growing smarter every day and is always impressing me with what a dedicated big sister she is, and just generally cracking me up. Often if Clarissa starts to cry and I can't get to her right away, B will say, "Mommy, Clarissa is crying!", then run over there and say, "I got her. You're okay Clarissa, you're okay". B loves to sing and sings all the time while she is playing, etc. She has learned so many songs in the past couple of months between nursery and visiting my Mom that she sometimes gets confused as to what goes with what. For example, "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do . . . Oh the doo-dah day". Another funny one that I have no idea where she heard is "We will, we will rocket ship (rather than rock you).

No comments: