Saturday, October 17, 2009

Loving our new place

We are so happy with our new apartment, especially B. She was SO excited to be back in her full-size crib, and I think she is enjoying having her own space. Granted there are still boxes in every room, but her toys are all in her room. Her sleep schedule is a little messed up in that her bedtime has become a little later again, but at least she is sleeping through the night again and having pretty solid naps. A well-rested toddler is so much easier to take care of!

The move was crazy - Mom came which was a HUGE help. I was pretty useless because of morning sickness; as far as that goes, the move happened at the absolute worst possible time. But if we didn't take it they would have moved on down the waiting list. So we jumped at the chance. Mom wasn't exactly feeling great either because she is still recovering from a really nasty gout attack that lasted the entire month of September, but she did what she could, and the little things add up really fast. After the guys from the ward moved the furniture and most of the boxes, Mom made tons of trips carrying light boxes and clothes/small house items in her car. And of course she spent LOTS of time with B. Poor B was very upset when she left though. She always cries when she says goodbye to Gama, but this time was especially bad. I think she thought Mom was moving into the new apartment with us.

I am 11 weeks now, and am starting to feel some improvement in my morning sickness. I still have 2-4 pretty miserable hours depending on the day, but that's still way better than a week ago when I had maybe 2 good hours per day.

No comments: